This is a DIY show that will empower you, the maker, to do that project that you've been talking about, or to fix that broken thing-a-ma-jig but you weren't sure how to. Instead of going out to it, how 'bout LET''S JUST MAKE THAT! The "how to show" that instructs you step-by-step on how to build, fix, and fabricate projects that range from SUPER EASY to LET'S SOURCE IT LOCALLY because it's out of my skill range. But above all, all projects are easy enough that my mom can make it. Let's get started!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Upcoming Projects

Hey Makers,

Just wanted to check in to let up all know what I'm working on and ideas that I have swirling around in my head.

Recently when I went home to Tennessee ( I claim Tennessee and Ky because I am a child of divorce <aren't we all> and one lives in one and one lives in the other), where my Mother had inadvertently created a hole in the wall.  I showed her how to patch that right up and that will be our next episode.  She saved $40 by not hiring a handyman to do this.  This will be the next episode.  In the future when "Let's just make that!" blows up, this project will fall under "Let's just fix that!" Ohhhh dang, a brand.  

Right now Marcus (that's my boyfriend) needs an extra cutting surface in the kitchen because of lack of counterspace.  I am thinking of a design with semiperminance so that it is there when we need it and out of the way when we don't. I reckon that I will go with a piece of wood hinged to the wall with folding legs.  Think behind the door ironing board.  This should be cool.


He (marcus) also has a pretty bad shoe habit.  Some people snort cocaine, mine buys shoes-mostly on sale, so it could be a lot worse.  This said, we need to find creative storage solutions for this so that we can get them out of the box and vertical. 
 
And lastly, I need a chandelier for my dining room.  I have a bandmate named Millie that needs one too, but as I'm am experimenting and learning, lighting fixtures can be tricky (at least the one's that hang).

If anyone has any suggestions on any of these objects of something that you would like to build, write in.  Dang, Let's just make that!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I am in the process of building the island and the pot holder for my boyfriend's very cramped kitchen. He has ugly shelves which I cannot wait to get down. Can you suggest something I can make using old wood crates?

    ReplyDelete